SD Mini FAQs
What is SD Mini?
SD Mini is a Bluetooth item finder. That means that you can attach the SD Mini to anything of value that you own and ring it in seconds with the SD Mini app on your phone. Also, if you now double press the SD Mini button your phone will also ring, even if your phone is switched to silent mode!
What features does SD Mini have?
If you already have set up your SD Mini you can use these features:
- Find your phone: When the SD Mini is connected to your phone, double-click the button on the Mini and your phone will ring, even if your phone is switched to silent mode.
- Find your SD Mini: When the SD Mini is connected to your phone, open the app and click the alert icon to make SD Mini beep and LED flash.
- Take selfies: The button on the SD Mini also doubles as a camera remote. Tap the camera icon then use the button on the SD Mini to take a photo or selfie
Getting started with SD Mini
- Download the SD Mini app from the App Store or Google Play or scan the QR code to download.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Hold the SD Mini close to your phone.
- Hold the button until you hear a beep and the LED starts flashing.
- Your phone and SD Mini are now connected
How to use SD Mini
In order to unlock the full potential of your SD Mini, we recommend running Bluetooth 24/7. This way your SD Mini app can always save the last known location of your valuable. Meaning, that if you would lose your valuables and open the SD Mini app, you can easily find your SD Mini back with the app as it saved the location where you have last seen it. Simply go to that location, open the SD Mini app and wait for the SD Mini to reconnect. Now ring the SD Mini and you have found back your item!
What is the distance before the SD Mini disconnects?
The Bluetooth range is dependant on a number of factors. SD Mini uses Bluetooth 4 and has an outdoor range of approximately 50 meters (164 feet), this reduces to approximately 10-25 meters (32-82 feet) indoors due to interference from walls, other devices, large objects or even people.
Why won’t the SD Mini connect to the app?
Follow the setup instructions provided and make sure your SD Mini and phone are close to one another and that the battery is not dead. If you are still having problems, try the following:
- Switch Bluetooth OFF for 10 seconds (via your phone's settings) and switch ON again. This will reset Bluetooth. Try connecting again.
- Turn the power on your phone completely OFF and ON.
Try connecting again.
- Hold the SD Mini close to your phone.
- Press the button on the SD Mini until you hear a beep and the LED starts flashing.
Please keep in mind that this will only work with supported devices. iOS: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 6/6S/6P, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X and newer. Android: Samsung S3/S4/S5/S6/S7/S8, Samsung Note 3/4/5/6/7/8, Huawei P7/P8/P9/P10, VIVO, OPPO and others with Android 4.3 or newer and BLE 4.0 supported.
There was an interruption when the SD Mini was connecting to my phone
Try connecting the SD Mini again. Follow the setup instructions and make sure the SD Mini and the phone are close to one another.
How do I replace the battery?
- Use your fingernails or insert a smaller tool into the small gap on the side of the SD Mini and carefully open the device.
- Replace the battery with a new CR2025 type battery, placing the battery positive side up (text faced up).
- Close your SD Mini by aligning the top holes on both lids.
What happens if my SD Mini is faulty?
The SD Mini's control module might faulty. If it still doesn't work after replacing the battery contact us.
Does the app drain my phone battery?
The SD Mini uses Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) and uses minimal battery power, approximately between 1% and 3% under normal conditions. This is less than many other apps on your phone.
- iOS: Go to phones Settings > Battery and look up SD Mini on your app list. For a more accurate reading, we recommend selecting "Last 7 Days" tab and checking it a week after first using Safedome.
- Android: Go to Settings > apps and select the Safedome app.
What happens if I get a new phone?
Unlink your SD Mini from the old phone and relink it to your new one. To unlink go to the apps Settings.